Eagle Creek to expand Specter line

Specter2

Eagle Creek’s new Specter line is not only popular here at OBOW but with the general public as well.

So much so  Eagle Creek recently announced it’s expanding the line even further.

New products include:

Pack-It Specter Starter Set ($56)
–Specter Garment Folder Medium
–Specter Cube
–Specter Half Cube

Specter Shoe Sac

Pack-It Specter Shoe Sac ($18) 16″ x 9″ 1 oz

Specter Wallaby

Pack-It Specter Wallaby Small (Toiletry Kit) ($38) 10″ x 7″ x 3″, 250 cu in., 4 oz.

Specter On Board

Pack-It Specter On-Board ($45) 10 x 7.5 x 4.5, 350 cu in., 5.5 oz
–multi-pocketed toiletry kit

Eagle Creek Specter e-sleeve

And if that’s not enough, Eagle Creek will also introduce a new line of Specter e-sleeves for tablets and laptops. They will come in four sizes from mini-tablet to laptop 15 and the weights will range from 1.5 oz to 3.5 oz.  Prices will range from $16 to $26.

These will have the same outer material as other Specter products but will also have foam inside for padding.

You want more?  Eagle Creek is also redesigning its regular Pack-It line with newer softer material offering more visibility inside. These items will be available in February of 2014.

The new Specter line is expected to be in stores sometime in November of this year.  I’ll do my best to get samples of the products as soon as they are available.

OBOW is now working with the good folks at Eagle Creek to insure we hear of any new products they have that are of interest to onebaggers as well as helping us get those products for review.

This entry was posted in Product News and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Eagle Creek to expand Specter line

1. flerdle says:

Oh no, not these guys too…

Are they going to introduce additional sizes or replace the current ones with something a bit off? I think the existing dimensions of their quarter and half pack-it cubes are fine. They work perfectly with my current bags. Their extra-small Sac is just right as well. The only thing I wish is that I could get the long half cube (tube) here, they don’t seem to be importing it. yay for Amazon.

It really annoys me when companies mess with stuff that really works fine. More options are nice, but change just for fashion’s or change’s sake is stupid.

The cubes are staying the same. In fact, most items are staying the same size. That was an error on my part and I’ll fix the post.

What you will see is new fabrics and new styling. You’ll also see some weight changes.

The new products won’t be available until February of next year.

You might want to look at the posting again as I’ve edited it and added new photos.

Sorry about the mix-up.

3. Maggie says:

I don’t know whether (or which) I will buy but I welcome more options to the Specter line. Practical and good-looking. Love ’em!

4. flerdle says:

Thanks for the clarifications Frank – good news.

5. Alan B says:

Not show for some reason is their triple zip SPECTER TOILETRY KIT, which I bought a few months ago, when it was on sale at REI. It works nicely, allows all the usual articles to slip into the somewhat irregular residual space at the top of my 22-inch carry-on bag. It replaces a Small Eagle Creek Sack, which worked, but which tended to get a bit lumpy. Anyway, I can now separate out the basic toiletry items, and in particular, segregate out items that might be a little moist. RECOMMENDED.

The reason it’s not shown, Alan B, is the same reason why the two Specter folders are not shown, the Specter cubes are not shown, and the Specter Sacs are not shown–this posting is about new items in the Specter line that have been announced but are not yet available.

7. Alan B says:

Thanks for the clarification. Of the items mentioned,

<>.

would interest me, particularly if I acquire either th iPad Mini or a Paperwhite Kindle. As obnoxious as the orange might be, the chances of leaving one in seat front pocket are diminshed by that.

I believe they will come in the colors that are currently available in the Specter line: tangerine, strobe green, white with tangerine trim, and white with strobe green trim.

I’ve just come across a new one at my fave gear site, a Specter Tube Cube 13″x4″x3″ (this shape would be perfect for my Healthy Back Bag).

Eagle Creek just sent me a couple of Specter Tube Cubes so I now have the entire current line. I have to admit, I really like this product. It saves weight and still allows me to be organized.

As soon as the next line of products in the Specter line are available–around November–I’ll do my best to get them for review.

I know someone is going to ask–mine are white with tangerine stripe. I like have them in different colors to help keep me from leaving one behind.